FAFSA Finish Events
Register below to participate in a FAFSA Finish event. Financial aid experts and volunteers will be available to help answer your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) questions.
FAFSA Finish events are brought to you by Frederick Community College, Frederick County Public Schools, Hood College, Mount St. Mary's University, The Housing Authority of the City of Frederick, The Community Foundation of Frederick County, and United Way of Frederick County.
Please note the following:
- A FAFSA application includes information on the student, as well as the parent(s) or guardian(s). The student and one parent who is listed on the FAFSA application should attend the appointment.
- Please create an FSA ID at least seventy-two (72) hours before your appointment time. The student and one parent listed on the FAFSA is required to have a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) before starting a FAFSA application. An FSA ID is a username and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Create your FSA ID here: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- Registering for a specific appointment below is strongly encouraged. Volunteers will do their best to accommodate walk-ins.
- Please be on time for your appointment. During your appointment, financial aid experts will be available to help answer your FAFSA questions during these workshop-style events.
- Please register for no more than one location and time slot.
- Space at each event is limited and we request that no more than three people attend the appointment.
What to Bring:
Bring the following documentation to your FAFSA Finish appointment:
- Your FSA ID. Get your FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/
- Social Security Number for parents and student (or permanent resident number)
- Date of birth of parents and student
- Driver’s license (if any)
- Alien Registration or Permanent Resident Card (if not a US citizen)
- W-2 tax forms and other records of money earned
- Federal income tax return for 2018
- Foreign tax return (if any)
- Untaxed income records (such as child support received and untaxed pensions)
- Bank statements for checking, savings and other asset accounts owned by the student and parents
- Other investment records, including 529 plans or other prepaid college plans (if applicable)
You will receive an email receipt for this registration, which includes the “What to Bring” list above.