FAFSA Finish Virtual Events
Register below to request a FAFSA Finish virtual appointment! Provide your contact information below and a FAFSA Finish representative will contact you to make a video appointment. During this appointment, a financial aid expert will work with you to complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and be available to answer your questions.
These appointments are also available to assist families in completing the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA). The MSFAA allows qualified children of undocumented immigrants, who qualify for in-state tuition under §15–106.8 of the MD Education Article, to apply and be considered for certain types of State need-based financial aid.
FAFSA and MSFAA applications must be completed by March 1, 2021 for a student to be considered for state-based financial aid.
Request your appointment today!
FAFSA Finish events are brought to you by Frederick Community College, Hood College, Mount St. Mary's University, The Community Foundation of Frederick County, Frederick County Public Schools, United Way of Frederick County and Housing Authority of the City of Frederick.
Please note the following:
- A FAFSA application includes information about the student, as well as the parent(s). The student and one parent who is listed on the FAFSA application should attend the appointment.
- Please create an FSA ID at least seventy-two (72) hours before your appointment time. The student and one parent listed on the FAFSA are required to have a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) before starting a FAFSA application. An FSA ID is a username and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Create your FSA ID here: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- Please register below and include your availability in the corresponding box. A FAFSA Finish representative will contact you to arrange a specific virtual meeting time.
- Please submit only one request for a FAFSA Finish virtual appointment.
- Please login on time for your appointment. We strongly recommend testing Zoom and sharing your screen before your appointment time. Here are some Youtube Zoom training videos, if you need assistance:
Sharing screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA6SGQlVmcA&feature=emb_rel_end
Joining and Configuring Audio & Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s76QHshQnY&feature=emb_rel_end
List of Zoom tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765
What to Bring:
Bring the following documentation to your FAFSA Finish appointment:
- Your FSA ID. Get your FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/
- Social Security Number for parents and student (or permanent resident number)
- Date of birth of parents and student
- Driver’s license (if any)
- Alien Registration or Permanent Resident Card (if not a US citizen)
- 2019 W-2 tax forms and other records of money earned
- Federal income tax return for 2019
- Foreign tax return (if any)
- Untaxed income records (such as child support received and untaxed pensions)
- Bank statements for checking, savings and other asset accounts owned by the student and parents
- Other investment records, including 529 plans or other prepaid college plans (if applicable)
You will receive an email receipt for this registration, which includes the “What to Bring” list above.