FAFSA Finish Events
Register below to participate in a Frederick County FAFSA Finish event. Financial aid experts will be available to help answer your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) questions during these workshop-style events.
These appointments are also available to assist families in completing the Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA). The MSFAA allows qualified children of undocumented immigrants, who qualify for in-state tuition under §15–106.8 of the MD Education Article, to apply and be considered for certain types of State need-based financial aid.
FAFSA and MSFAA applications must be completed by March 1, 2022 for a student to be considered for state-based financial aid.
These events will be taking place inside at Frederick County Public School (FCPS) locations. At this time, all students and adults entering an FCPS school building are required to wear a face covering.
FAFSA Finish events are brought to you by Frederick Community College, Frederick County Public Schools, Hood College, Mount St. Mary's University, The Community Foundation of Frederick County, The Housing Authority of the City of Frederick, and United Way of Frederick County.
Please note the following:
- A FAFSA application includes information on the student, as well as the parent(s) or guardian(s). All family members included on the FAFSA application should attend the appointment.
- Please create an FSA ID at least seventy-two (72) hours before your appointment time. The student and one parent listed on the FAFSA are required to have a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) before starting a FAFSA application. An FSA ID is a username and password that gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Create your FSA ID here: https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm.
- Registering for a specific appointment below is strongly encouraged. Volunteers will do their best to accommodate walk-ins.
- Please be on time for your appointment time. During your appointment, financial aid experts will be available to help answer your FAFSA questions during these workshop-style events.
- Please register for no more than one location and time
- Space at each event is limited and we request that no more than three people attend the appointment unless required.
PLEASE SELECT A LOCATION AND TIME SLOT
A financial aid presentation by a Frederick Community College representative will be available at the Walkersville event and by a Hood College representative at the Oakdale event from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. each night. No registration is required to attend the scholarship information session.
If locations and times are sold out and you wish to be added to the wait list, Click here.
What to Bring:
Bring the following documentation to your FAFSA Finish appointment:
- Your FSA ID. Get your FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov/
- Social Security Number for parents and student (or permanent resident number)
- Date of birth of parents and student
- Driver’s license or other State-issued ID (if any)
- Alien Registration or Permanent Resident Card (if not a US citizen)
- 2020 W-2 tax forms and other records of money earned
- Federal income tax return for 2020
- Foreign tax return (if any)
- Untaxed income records (such as child support received and untaxed pensions)
- Bank statements for checking, savings and other asset accounts owned by the student and parents
- Other investment records, including 529 plans or other prepaid college plans (if applicable)
You will receive an email receipt for this registration, which includes the “What to Bring” list above.