Your contributions thus far to the Indigenous Impact Rapid Rapid Response Initiative have provided community care to Indigenous peoples in New Mexico during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since March, we have focused on supporting the Navajo Nation through McKinley Mutual Aid and Eastern Agency in Torreon & Counselor, in addition to the Jicarilla Apache Nation, and Zia, Zuni, San Felipe, Jemez, Laguna, Acoma, Kewa, Nambé, Isleta, Ohkay Owingeh, Taos, Santa Clara, and Pojoaque pueblos.
We are currently expanding the reach of our support to include not only those in New Mexico, but communities impacted across Turtle Island.
With your support we are determined to continue providing:
- essential PPE to communities, frontline workers and medical personnel
- food for elders and community members
- funding for essential needs
- books to quarantined students
Through our continued work with Pueblo Action Alliance, other frontline communities, and your assistance we aim to build futures beyond this current crisis to support access to funding for:
- food sovereignty and heritage projects
- unhoused Indigenous community members impacted by COVID-19
- LGBTQIA+ and Two-Spirit Indigenous folx impacted by COVID-19
- reproductive justice support to Indigenous folx
Thank you for your kinship and aid thus far!