Sunday, March 6, 2022, 3:00pm
Live and Livestream Event
Klavierhaus, 790 11th Ave. at 54th Street, NE Corner, New York City
Long-time Juilliard professor John Muller will give an illustrated lecture on the connections between Wagner and Richard Strauss, noting the two upcoming Strauss operas in the Met season: “From Richard I to Richard III: Wagner, Strauss, and Questions of Influence.”
What about Richard II? Muller tells us: “There is no Richard II, that's the point. There had to be an interregnum after Wagner. This idea goes back to Hans von Bülow, who made the remark about Richard I and III.”
This event will be presented both live and livestream.
- Seating for the live event is very limited. Proof of vaccinations and IDs will be checked; masks are required.
- Please select LIVE EVENT or LIVESTREAM. This will help us with capacity planning for the live event.
- Please reserve for the livestream before the scheduled hour. If you aren't available at this time, the livestream will be accessible for three days.
Pricing (register below)
- WSNY Members: $10.00/person for live or livestream
- Non-Members: $15.00/person for live or livestream