The Black Community has a deep history of reasons of why not to trust the mental health profession or the healthcare field. Join our workshop to learn more about that history and how it might show up in the therapy space. Utilizing Collaborative Practices is a beautiful way of being with Clients that foster trust and relationship in the session and dismantles the further trauma of pathologizing the Black Experience.
- Learn about the history of trauma within the black community
- Learn about the cultural perspective of mental health treatment
- Learn about collaborative practice as a culturally affirming practice
- Learn about misinterpreting and pathologizing Grief
- Learn about intersectionality within the black culture
3 CEU’s available (1 Ethics): Social Work, LMFT, LPC
Houston Galveston Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Houston Galveston Institute is pre-approved by Texas LPC, Texas LMFT, & Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners, as a Continuing Education Provider.
Schedule of this Training:
Saturday, Feb 27th, 9am – 12pm
The Workshop will be held live on Zoom, an online video-conferencing platform. Participants will be emailed an invitation link prior to the workshop.
Online Virtual Workshop: $25.00
Please register below or call: (346) 291-0969