DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES SAFETY INFORMATION
This section is pursuant to Ed. Code Sections 39831.3-39831.5 and Vehicle Code Section 22112.
Student Behavior and Discipline
All District policies and rules regarding safety, behavior, and discipline remain in effect on the school bus. Parents are encouraged to review the student responsibilities and Durham's rules and regulations with their student(s). With parent assistance and the cooperation of all student riders, the District is able to continue to provide safe transportation. The principal of each school site shall be responsible for policy enforcement. The Superintendent, or designee, may review any or all violations for final recommendation, if necessary.
- First Violation: The rider and parent/guardian will be contacted by the principal, or designee
- Second Violation: The rider may be denied district transportation services for a period of three or more days
- Third Violation: The rider may be denied district transportation services for a period of two or more weeks
- Fourth Violation: The rider may be denied district transportation services for the remainder of the school year
- Threats of harm, acts of violence, or any behavior that is a danger to self or others may be cause for immediate denial of district transportation services
Misuse of a Bus Pass
Misuse of a bus pass is subject to disciplinary measures.
- Using or attempting to use a stolen, found, or forged bus pass
- Allowing another student to use one's own bus pass
- Using or attempting to use an expired bus pass
Possession of any pass which is not the property of the possessor, shall constitute evidence of improper possession and use, or attempted use, and is reason to exercise disciplinary measures.
Students Without a Bus Pass
- If the student is at the bus stop, student is transported to school and the driver notifies the school office
- The school office contacts the parent/guardian
- Students without a bus pass will not be allowed to ride the bus home from school