Ten-week class for families with infants birth to eleven months* and a parent or caregiver
Classes begin the week of October 10th, 2022.
Bring your infant and join in creating a safe, nurturing, community space with other families. Strengthen confidence in your own capacities and those of your baby, and deepen your understanding of the magical unfolding that takes place in the first year of life, in some of the following ways:
- Cultivate a practice of sustained peaceful observation time to connect with your baby and strengthen a sense of reverence and understanding of their innate competence in accomplishing the developmental tasks inherent to each age and stage.
- Learn and share seasonal songs/fingerplays/rhymes together with your baby.
- Enjoy warm drinks and nourishing snacks.
- Share joys and struggles in conversation, guided by a trained Waldorf Early Childhood educator (who is also a parent).
- Experience an introduction to the foundational senses of touch, self-movement, balance, and well-being, and the ways in which predictable rhythms, freedom of movement/play, healthy sleep, warmth, and nourishment support these senses in the life of the young child.
Click here for more information on this program.
- One weekly in-person class for infant(s) and their parent(s) or caregiver.
- One monthly Wednesday evening online sessions for parents with Teacher Jane for check-in, conversation, and community. (optional)
- All materials.
Classes meet on our Los Altos campus at 11311 Mora Drive.
Registration Policies can be found here.
COVID Safety Protocols
We are planning to proceed with indoor classes for Warm Beginnings. Indoor classes will be held in well-ventilated spaces. Indoor masking continues to be strongly recommended by the CDC for anyone aged 2 years and older. If you have had a close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 10 days, you must wear a mask. WSP reserves the right to require participants aged 2 years and older to mask depending upon the local situation at the time. Anybody who is symptomatic of any contagious disease should refrain from coming to campus.
In the event the class you wish to register for is sold out, click here for information about our waitlist.
After making your payment, you will receive a payment confirmation email. Please look for the link to a form you will need to fill out to complete your registration.
Your registration will be considered confirmed only once you submit (google form page name). This form asks basic family and child information such as the attendee's name, age, allergies, who will bring the child, contact information, etc.
*expectant parents are always welcome