Penland Kids Out of the Box Scholarship Application
Please note: This is the scholarship application. Scholarship for Out of the Box! Kits are available to residents of Avery, Mitchell, and Yancey Counties. Click here if you are NOT requesting a scholarship.
Out of the Box! Kits are designed by Penland Kids' instructors so that you can enjoy a bit of Penland from home. Kits contain a week's worth of activities, similar to a half-day camp, with instructions and all the materials you'll need (with the occasional exception of a common household item such as a cup for water or a paper towel).
Out of the Box! Minis Same as above, but Minis contain approximately two day's worth of activities (similar to two half days at camp).
We are very mindful of safety in light of Covid-19, so we'll be using gloves and masks when assembling the kits, and will ensure that materials sit untouched for a minimum of 3 days before they're distributed. All materials in the kits are certified non-toxic.
Dates Each kit has a Kit Available date in the listing to indicate the first possible date for pickup.
A few specifics:
- Scholarships are intended for students in Yancey, Mitchell, and Avery counties who would not be able to participate without financial assistance.
- All scholarship applicants are required to pay a $10 application fee upon submission of this form. If you are not awarded a scholarship, the $10 fee will be refunded.
- Scholarships are limited to one per child, but more than one child in a family can apply.
- Please do not apply for a scholarship if you are also paying for a kit for the same child.
- Scholarships are awarded and students are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each kit has a Kit Available date in the listing to indicate the first possible pickup date.