Thank you for making a tax-deductible donation to support ALERT.
ALERT gives people the tools and understanding to deal with public health effects from extreme oil activities. Your contribution means funding for programs such as:
- Creating and sharing user-friendly educational material and resources about environmental health and disease for the general public, with a focus on chemical illnesses from exposure to oil and gas activities
- Training local trainers with nonprofit organizations to share and build on this material, to address their community’s concerns and needs
- Developing and conducting public health surveys as tools, to increase public awareness about the connectivity between community and environmental health issues
- Raising funds to test and treat at least two people from Gulf Coast communities at a licensed medical clinic, as a Demonstration Project to show proper diagnosis and treatment for chemical illnesses
- Building coalitions to integrate meaningful citizen involvement in the national oil disaster planning and response system, to strengthen oil spill prevention and response policies and local governance, and to include protection for response workers and the public health