Temple Emanu-El is unique in allocating funds raised on Yom Kippur and throughout the year for programs and services for those in need. Each year, the Congregation raises and allocates approximately $1 million to worthy causes.
Your gift to the Philanthropic Fund provides support for:
- Providing aid for natural disasters
- Fostering the growth of Reform Jewish life and efforts to strengthen Jewish identity in New York City, across the US, in Israel and around the world
- Social service programs throughout New York City addressing poverty, food insecurity and the indigent elderly population
- Sustaining Emanu-El’s own community outreach programs, including the Sunday Lunch, Thanksgiving, Second Seder, and tikkun olam initiatives
- Advancing interfaith dialogue and collaboration
For more information about the Temple Emanu-El Philanthropic Fund, or to make a gift by mail or over the phone, please contact Gila Drazen in the Development Office at 212-507-9525.